Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dress It Up: Part 3

Sometimes bigger is better, but aren't those shapelessbag dresses big enough already? Add a couple of extra sizes, and you find yourself in a tent with no particular means of escape. Think Anastasia, "The Russian circus, I think they're still in here," proportions. Although we all know that she came out looking lovely. Durn those animated characters. Picking out an outfit can't ever be too hard, and shaving off the extra pounds is as simple as using a decent eraser.

Now that my momentary tangent is over, I can share... THIS!

You may not be able to tell but the elastic band was about mid-thigh for me. The arm-holes could have allowed a very large and fluffy cat to calmly walk through them. It was pretty fabric however, not to mention free.

I first freed the two sides from each other with a swift cut above the band. Two articles were created. A simple running stitch up the arm holes, then a quick stitch down the back
to gather
the fabric. I wanted something flow-y, so I left a lot of fabric in drapes, nigh onto cascades. There was quite a lot of hemming involved that
I remember.

However, in the end with a piece of black ribbon, the ensemble became something that I felt would not eat me alive, and I could wear it to the office.



3 comments: