Monday, May 30, 2011

The Suitcases: Vintage Heyday

I was biking around Rexburg when a chance event landed me at the DI (which is basically our excuse for a Goodwill but better in some ways and much, much worse in others). I found a couple of vintage suitcases. With both suitcases, it only came out to be about $8. This was cheaper than some suitcases I had seen in some of my more exciting jaunts to estate sales.


So of course, I bought them. Only thing was, I was biking. Being the resourceful soul that I am, I biked back with my suitcases. About a mile or so... it was awesome. And I must have looked ridiculous. Small price to pay.


They were in such amazing condition. They spoke to me. I can not WAIT to get to use them. I have every intention to use them for all kinds of devious purposes. I did use them already for ghost pictures. Talk about some awesome pictures and fun in my future. Just wanted to share. Do you have any ideas for things to use it for... other than pictures and carrying round my clothes on trips.




It feels late...

Love y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures (and the cases!) Im chuckling at the idea of you biking back with them. You could maybe make the vanity case into a picnic basket (although it might be too small) Saw this tutorial over on dollar store crafts the other day. x

    http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2011/05/make-a-suitcase-picnic-basket/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. It may be small, but it is pretty deep. A picnic basket is a GREAT idea! And I am glad that I could add a chuckle to your life!

    ReplyDelete