Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beeswax... inherent problems

I have started trying to make stuff with beeswax. It might just be my user errors, but it is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than I was anticipating.

My first problem was melting. This is going to be the biggest barrier as I try to work myself into a beeswax user. I have some to practice with.

I went with soap.

A little essential oil and water and I had this:


I have no idea what this is. It was not exactly what I was planning at all. However, it does smell nice. Kind of like Jojoba and Peppermint.


I have every intention of trying to use this little guy. It might be a special bar o' soap, but it was MY bar o' soap, special or not.

Anyone else try making beeswax products? Have any tips for me? Especially on good ways to melt beeswax. I really stink at that part. 

Love y'all! 

2 comments: