Sunday, May 1, 2011

Alice? Where are You?

Do you love the story-line of Alice in Wonderland as much as I do? I was a little disappointed by the newest movie, but it had some phenomenal imagery that saved it. The original story was simply so amazing and beautiful and abstract.

Since we here at Days of Abstraction are into that kind of stuff, the first Silhouette heat fabric transfer was dedicated to making a shirt that took Alice and imprinted her on a shirt.

Now since I am something of a purist, I wanted the original artwork for Alice. She was the original after all, and just like Texas, that is something you should not mess with. After going through the process to make her cut as awesome as possible, I then proceeded to peel off the negative space (which since I am a poor college student, I will use in another way).

Once she was ironed on all the way, I turned to the next part. Originally, I had planned to use the Cheshire cat and put him on the opposing side... but for some reason, this was not working. Instead, I added three hearts. Hearts because of the Queen of Hearts, and three because it is an awesome number.


What do you think? Should I have used Cheshy? Is Alice discernible? I am thinking about giving away a Cheshire Cat transfer. Feedback, please?

3 comments: